There is around $60 billion in grants, scholarships, and loans available each year to help students afford their college education. You can make college a reality. Learn about the multiple options to help you pay for your higher education and find out what kind(s) of financial aid you may qualify for and how to apply.
College is possible and affordable!
FAFSA Forecaster – Calculates early estimate of eligibility for need-based aid
FinAid – Resource that explains the financial aid and scholarship process
Looking for Student Aid – Federal, state and other sources of information
Fastweb.com – Search for over 600,000 scholarships
College Saving Programs
ScholarShare – California’s 529 College Savings Program offers an easy, flexible and affordable way to save for higher education. ScholarShare is a great way to invest in you children’s future, while enjoying tax advantages.
Upromise – Upromise is a free service designed to help families save for college. It’s simple: you’ll save when you shop for the things you need. With Upromise, thousands of companies will help you save for your child’s college education. You can save when you shop online, at your favorite stores, or at the grocery or drug store. You can save when you travel, dine out, and more.
Listed below are scholarship links to help your family pay for college tuition and other costs.
Please Note: There are lots of scams out there. You should NEVER have to pay to apply for a scholarship or for someone to give you a list of scholarships or to help you apply for them. No legitimate scholarship will ask you to pay to apply and all information about scholarships is publicly available. You can find it on the sites listed below. If someone asks you to pay for any part of the scholarship process, run in the opposite direction.
- Aid & Resource For Re-Entry Students
- American Psychological Association (APA) Scholarship and Fellowships
- Astronaut Scholarship Foundation
- Ayn Rand Essay Scholarships
- California Chafee Grant for Foster Youth
- California State University, Fresno, Scholarship Office
- College Board Scholarship Search
- College Fund/UNCF
- CollegeNet’s Scholarship Database
- FASFA On The Web (Your Key Aid Form & Info)
- Gates Millennium Scholarship – Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
- Gateway to 10 Free Scholarship Searches
- The Harry S. Truman Scholarship Site
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund
- Holocaust Remembrance Scholarships
- International Students Scholarships & Aid Help
- Jack Kent Cooke Foundation
- Jackie Robinson Foundation Scholarships
- Marine Corps Scholarships
- NACME Scholarship Program
- National Academy of American Scholars
- Ron Brown Scholar Program
- Sallie Mae’s free Online Scholarships
- Scholarship and Financial Aid Page
- Scholarships for Minority Students
- Scholarships on the Net
- ScienceNet Scholarship Listing
- Siemens Westinghouse Competition
- Sports Scholarships and Internships
- State Farm Insurance Achievement Scholarships
- State Farm Insurance Hispanic Scholarships
- Student Inventors Scholarships
- Thurgood Marshall Scholarship Fund
- Tylenol Scholarships
- Undergraduate Scholarships (National Institutes of Health Scholarships)
- William Randolph Hearst Endowed Scholarship for Minority Students
- WiredScholar Free Scholarship Search
- Varsity Tutors